Thursday, April 10, 2014

Support the Ministry of Reconciliation in Portland, Oregon

As you can tell, I have mostly retired this blog for various reasons. The name for one is not something I feel comfortable with with its eschatological implications. Also, I have a looser grip on the specifics of much of my pneumatology and theology as a whole, though I do have a firmer conviction of God's goodness and his nature as Love, the sufficiency of Christ's work on the cross, and Him being the Lord of the poor, oppressed, and marginalized.

That being said, I thought I would make it known that I will be serving with the Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS) for 11 months starting September. I am still waiting to find out what organizations and agencies I will be serving under, but I will have a full-time position offering direct support to marginalized individuals and communities, as well as striving to transform unjust structures. I was placed in the city of Portland through the discernment of QVS's staff.


Also, I will be an intern with Friends of Jesus Fellowship during the summer, a Christian Quaker network of ministries and fellowships "gathered around a common experience of the living presence of Jesus in our midst". I will be helping with the Detroit FoFJ church, but also volunteering 4-days a week at the Ruth Ellis Center, whose mission is to provide short-term and long-term residential safe space and support services for runaway, homeless, and at risk youth.

I ask that you would prayerfully consider donating to my GoFundMe or click on the 'Donate' button on the right side of this page. Also, pray for me so that I can be a genuine minister of reconciliation and a vessel of the Spirit of Christ.

Thank you.

In Christ,
Hye Sung Gehring

No comments:

Post a Comment